Sunday, September 24, 2017

3D Class Week 05 Modeling A Prop

This week we were tasked with creating a cannon and bringing it into Unreal. I decided to a more realistic military artillery. I did a bit of research and found the one that I wanted to model. Unfortunately I was only to find a side image plane for use inside of Maya, but I found a ton of reference pictures from various other angles.

Final Shot in Unreal


References


Setting Up Side Image Plane and Scale



Finished Model In Maya



Render


Rendered With Wireframe


For my next steps I'll probably go through and optimize the model a bit. It's currently sitting at about 10k Tris and I could probably afford to collapse some of the verts on the cylindrical bits.


No comments:

Post a Comment

3D Personal Project - Daft Punk

I'm currently working on a collaboration with Bryan where I create the characters and environment and he's going to animate them usi...