Tuesday, May 29, 2018

3D Personal Project - Native American

For this project I decided to work on a character for the Wild West Artstation Challenge. I decided to work on a concept created by Mateusz Mizak. I really enjoyed the concept and thought that it would be fun to work on. The poly budget that was given for the challenge was 100k tris, but that a bit crazy so I'm gonna shoot for about 35k tris with his weapon considering a similar character in Overwatch would be somewhere in that ballpark.

Original Concept
Initial Reference


Week 01
For the first week I focused on tweaking the proportions and getting the high poly to a point where I could start working on the retopology during week 2. I still need to add items to his belt and figure out more items to put on his backpack, but I'll save that for a bit later.



Week 02
For this week I wanted to focus on getting the bulk of the retopology done. I was hoping to finish the retopo this week so I could get a jump on next week but unfortunately I was able to get all of it done.Right now the poly count is sitting at around 10k tris.



Week 03
Finished the retopo and UV process


Week 04



No comments:

Post a Comment

3D Personal Project - Daft Punk

I'm currently working on a collaboration with Bryan where I create the characters and environment and he's going to animate them usi...