Sunday, September 3, 2017

3D Week 02 Mincraft-ish Level

For this assignment we had to create an environment using Minecraft blocks. I wanted to make a scene that looked like it receded into darkness and could go on for quite a while, for that effect I took inspiration from the Mines of Moria from the Lord of the rings. 

Getting the desired structure wound up taking a lot more blocks than I anticipated but I approached the scene in a modular way so I didn't have to create each part over and over again. I also played around with both the color of the exponential height fog and the lighting so that I could have complimentary tones in the lights and shadows. 

Screenshot 01
Screenshot 02
Screenshot 03


I originally made several different Minecraft blocks that I planned on using to make a scene without much of a plan and that didn't really go so well (surprising, I know). I abandoned most of the blocks I created and just used three from my original set of eight.

Original Minecraft Blocks In Maya

Original Minecraft Block Textures

No comments:

Post a Comment

3D Personal Project - Daft Punk

I'm currently working on a collaboration with Bryan where I create the characters and environment and he's going to animate them usi...